At Edovo, our mission is to help everyone connected to incarceration build better lives. We’ve created a secure digital platform to expand education behind bars, reduce recidivism and to support the vocational, rehabilitation and communication needs of the 2.2 million people in jails and prisons. Users have access to thousands of hours of self-guided learning materials. Upon release, our learners have the option to continue their progress on the outside. Edovo offers courses in subjects ranging from basic literacy and GED to career exploration and cognitive behavioral therapy. Were also building tools to keep people in touch with jobs, social services, friends, and family. Our team is committed to supporting opportunities for justice-involved people.
Don’t take it just from us. Awards, publications, grants, and partnerships all around the country are recognizing the momentum and impact of Edovo. A select few: Global EdTech Startup Champion in London out of 1,000+ competitors; GIIRS Platinum Rating for social impact; MacArthur Foundation Grant Award Winner; Forbes article feature; Chicago Community Trust grant award winner; Impact Engine portfolio member; SXSW Civic Tech Innovation Pitch Competition runner-up; Chicago Innovation "Up and Comer" Award winner; and so much more.
Check out a brief picture of our program from the perspective of the people who use it. Visit us on Vimeo to learn more
Reporting to the Director of Product, this position is responsible for the customer experience, driving revenue, and development and execution of business and product strategies for our Insight and Admin experience in the Edovo platform. The Sr. Product Manager develops ROI / business cases, leads the business requirements definition, partners with Development/Engineering, Customer Success, Sales/Marketing, and 3rd party partners to launch and measures the results of new functionality/features for Edovo Insight and Admin through definition of KPIs in an exciting, fast-growing, mission-driven startup.
General Job Responsibilities
- Ability to think strategically about Edovo’s capabilities to help our partner facilities and their staff accomplish their work and support a safe and secure corrections environment.
- Facilitate the collaborative creation and maintenance of product roadmaps and backlogs to make the impact we want to make: fewer people going back to jail and prison; more people connected to friends & family while incarcerated; and happier, safer staff and volunteers while maintaining our financial sustainability.
- Execute on strategic initiatives by developing roadmaps and work plans, gathering and synthesizing relevant data, and developing final recommendations to senior management and the broader organization.
- Develop business cases, write business requirements, and work with functional business owners and IT development to execute on the vision.
- Work cross-functionally to design solutions and manage the training process for users.
- Formulate, track, and monitor KPIs for product vertical to ensure product effectiveness and performance.
- Maintain an in depth understanding of the industry and competitive landscape to inform product roadmap.
- Ability to conceive and execute quantitative analysis and deliver data-driven insights.
- Work cross-functionally to define go to market selling strategies and product positioning within the larger product/service portfolio.
- Develop and maintain repeatable, documented processes, ensuring a seamless implementation process for our customers, both technical and operational.
- Contributes to the P&L of the product, which includes execution on product growth and profitability through pricing, customer experience, and product life cycle management.
- Create an effective work environment, setting a positive tone, establishing performance expectations, and driving accountability through motivation.
- Significant experience in platform or product management -ability to understand user/stakeholder needs, defining requirements, influencing team members and external stakeholders, clear written/verbal communication, intellectual curiosity.
- Ability to work well with others cross-functionally, and particularly earned the respect of development/engineering, sales/marketing, customer success, and finance teams in previous roles.
- Ability to shift from strategic thinking to tactical execution.
- Strong understanding and judgment to prioritizeproduct requirements and roadmapbased on social impact and business drivers.
- Have an entrepreneurial mindset, bias for action, and a passion for delivering great customer experiences.
- Possess well-developed business judgment, enabling the creation of meaningful insight from potentially disparate findings. The ability to think creatively about solutions is a key success factor in the role.
- Excellent research, written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Excitement about Edovo’s mission
- Excitement to go on-site (into jails and prisons) and be close to staff, students, and friends & family of the incarcerated to learn and build the best product to meet their needs.
Bonus Points For
- Experience in managing and developing Associate Product Managers and/or Product Support Specialists.
- Experience in criminal justice reform, ed tech, telecommunications, or investigations.
- SQL, data science, or analytics experience
- Experience working, volunteering, or personally impacted by the jail/prison system
- Location: Chicago, IL
- Salary: Bi-weekly, Full time exempt
- Department: Product Team; Role reports to Director of Product
- Deadline: Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis
Edovo is an impact driven, private company. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace and fully paid benefits for team members and their families. We hire tenacious, innovative, and passionate people and give them opportunities to grow and succeed.
If you've had the chance to read all the way through this job description, after you've applied, send an email to Liz Pisney at email@example.com. Please include "[Unlock Potential]" in the subject of your email and a brief statement of 1) why you're excited about this opportunity and 2) why you'd knock it out of the park. No formal cover letter required, just tell us a bit about you! We look forward to meeting you!
Teams with bold missions need diverse ideas to make the most impact. For that reason, Edovo is committed to building diverse and inclusive work spaces. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. And yes, we believe in second chances.