At Edovo, our mission is to help everyone connected to incarceration build better lives. We’ve created a secure digital platform to expand education behind bars, reduce recidivism and to support the vocational, rehabilitation and communication needs of the 2.2 million people in jails and prisons. Users have access to thousands of hours of self-guided learning materials. Upon release, our learners have the option to continue their progress on the outside. Edovo offers courses in subjects ranging from basic literacy and GED to career exploration and cognitive behavioral therapy. We’re also building tools to keep people in touch with jobs, social services, friends, and family. Our team is committed to supporting opportunities for justice-involved people.
Don’t take it just from us. Awards, publications, grants, and partnerships all around the country are recognizing the momentum and impact of Edovo. A select few: Global EdTech Startup Champion in London out of 1,000+ competitors; GIIRS Platinum Rating for social impact; MacArthur Foundation Grant Award Winner; Forbes article feature; Chicago Community Trust grant award winner; Impact Engine portfolio member; SXSW Civic Tech Innovation Pitch Competition runner-up; Chicago Innovation "Up and Comer" Award winner; and so much more.
Check out a brief picture of our program from the perspective of the people who use it. Visit us on Vimeo to learn more
The Sales Director is responsible for managing and winning business in a defined geographic territory.
GENERAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
Market Capture and Lead Generation (35%):
- Market analysis (Market sizing, competitor landscape, Partner landscape) for your assigned territory
- Go To Market Strategy for all Products (ITS, Education, Messaging, etc…) and all channels (Direct, Partner, RFP)
- Gather, update, and maintain Market Data (Alignment, ITS contract expiry, etc…)
- Targeted outreach to influence green and yellow zone agencies pre-RFP
- Register for RFP announcements with all targeted agencies
- Partner with Marketing on lead generation and groundswell strategy within your territory
- Activity management (Minimum # of calls, meetings, travel coordination, etc…)
- Participates in national and regional tradeshows
Account and Opportunity Management (55%):
- Sales execution (Lead to Opportunity to Sale) for all channels, including RFP management
- Coordinated ground-swell activities to influence specific opportunities - including interaction with elected officials
- Opportunity specific activities - contract negotiations, RFP ongoing communication
- Account management of existing customers including pro-actively managing issues, acting as an escalation point, and performing quarterly business reviews
- Customer upsell / cross sell
- Customer contract renewal
Inform / Collaborate with Edovo Functional Teams (10%):
- Participate in site launches
- Collaborate with functional teams (NOC, Ops, CS, Finance, Product, Content, etc) for 3rd party partner escalation and coordination of product development (including pricing, road maps, etc) via customer insight
- Sales Administration activities (CRM input & management, travel coordination)
- Sales training on products
- Depending on the candidate this role may have supervisory responsibilities of a small team
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- The ability to build genuine relationships with a diverse group of stakeholders
- The ability to influence others through compelling storytelling
- The ability to work in a fast paced environment with multiple deliverables and changing timelines
- The ability to perform in a high stress, high stakes environment
- A high level of autonomy and excellent time and task management skills
- Clear written and verbal communication skills
Education and Experience
- 3+ years working in a professional environment ideally in a Sales or Account Management role
- Prior experience working with CRM systems, Google Suite, Microsoft Suite. Prior experience with Zoho CRM and prior experience working with Data Analytic tools is a plus
- Prior experience working in or volunteering with organizations focused on rehabilitation, restorative justice, or social equality
The amount of travel required for this position may vary with time, but it is anticipated that it may involve up to 40% travel time.
How to Apply
Edovo is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
This is a full-time position in Chicago, IL. If you’ve had the chance to read all the way to the end, please let us know by putting “[Unlock potential]” at the beginning of your resume. We look forward to hearing from you.