At Edovo, our mission is to help everyone connected to incarceration build better lives. We’ve created a secure digital platform to expand education behind bars, reduce recidivism and to support the vocational, rehabilitation and communication needs of the 2.2 million people in jails and prisons. Users have access to thousands of hours of self-guided learning materials. Upon release, our learners have the option to continue their progress on the outside. Edovo offers courses in subjects ranging from basic literacy and GED to career exploration and cognitive behavioral therapy. Were also building tools to keep people in touch with jobs, social services, friends, and family. Our team is committed to supporting opportunities for justice-involved people.
Don’t take it just from us. Awards, publications, grants, and partnerships all around the country are recognizing the momentum and impact of Edovo. A select few: Global EdTech Startup Champion in London out of 1,000+ competitors; GIIRS Platinum Rating for social impact; MacArthur Foundation Grant Award Winner; Forbes article feature; Chicago Community Trust grant award winner; Impact Engine portfolio member; SXSW Civic Tech Innovation Pitch Competition runner-up; Chicago Innovation "Up and Comer" Award winner; and so much more.
Check out a brief picture of our program from the perspective of the people who use it. Visit us on Vimeo to learn more
Edovo’s Infrastructure Team designs and operates the network services that deliver Edovo’s secure digital platform to jails and prisons across the United States. This includes backend hosting systems, wide area transport, customer premise installations, end to end security and automation and management solutions.
We focus on security, stability, scalability, fault tolerance, and automation. We strive to provide our customers and internal teams with 100% system and service availability.
The Desktop Support Engineer role is responsible for ensuring all the technology in our Cypress, California office is up running smoothly.
General Job Responsibilities
- Support 50+ Windows Workstations, and 30+ MacOS Workstations for engineers, executive leadership, and call center staff
- Administer incident resolution for conference rooms, printers, copiers, scanners and other office equipment
- Manage Office IT needs for all employees, including provisioning & ordering personal workstation hardware, office IT hardware, IT systems account configurations and remote access, and workstation software installations
- Manage and maintain end user desktop security via anti-virus, on disk encryption, and remote management
- Manage and maintain end user mobile device security
- Automate software updates for all employee employee end user devices
- Create and automate auditing processes for employee end user devices
- Lead and manage the roll-out of new software to all employees
- Participate in “on-call” rotation for the infrastructure group
- Provide internal “smart hands” services on data center hardware, switches, routers, and the wireless network with direct guidance from Edovo NOC.
- Investigate new products and techniques to improve efficiency and performance in our environment
- 3+ years of professional experience in desktop support
- Experience supporting Windows desktop OS and Windows Server
- End User Wired & Wireless network maintenance and troubleshooting
- Experience administering Active Directory, Office 365, and Google G Suite or equivalent for 100+ users.
- Experience managing office IT hardware including switches, routers, rack mounted servers, and network attached storage.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Passion for Edovo’s mission
- Deep Technical knowledge of Windows OS, Microsoft Office, internet browsers, and email clients
- Working knowledge of systems hardware, printers, scanners, and other peripheral devices
- Strong technical communication and customer service skills with users to interpret and address their needs in an efficient and professional manner, while being able to escalate technical issues to other departments when necessary
- Highly developed analytical troubleshooting skills
Bonus Points For
- Previous startup experience
- CompTIA A+, Network+, Security+ or Equivalent
- Microsoft MTA, MCSE, or MCP
- Experience in network administration.
- Experience administering Linux operating systems
- Experience in criminal justice reform, social justice, adult education, or telecommunications
- Experience working, volunteering, or personally impacted by the jail/prison system
- Location: Cypress, CA
- Salary: Yearly, options will be included in compensation
- Department: Network Operations Center; Role reports to VP of Technology
- Deadline: Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis
Edovo is an impact driven private company. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace and fully paid benefits for team members and their families. We hire tenacious, innovative and passionate people and give them opportunities to grow and succeed.
If you've had the chance to read all the way through this job description, please include "[Unlock Potential]" in the subject line of your email. Send resume and a brief statement of 1) why you're excited about this opportunity and 2) why you'd knock it out of the park to Mike Cornstubble, Director of Infrastructure at Mike@Edovo.com. We look forward to meeting you!
Teams with bold missions need diverse ideas to generate the most impact. For that reason, Edovo is committed to building diverse and inclusive work spaces. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. And yes, we believe in second chances.